January 23, 2007

Summer in Melbourne

Hi,

Lots of happening worth penning down transpired since I wrote my previous blog. This blog might not only be my usual pictographic look back of the events but also going to torment you with my writing.

Christmas Day

When the western countries shiver in cold and seek for sun’s charisma, Melbourne enjoys warmth of the summer on Christmas day. But it was not the same this year. It was cold and rainy day which deserves few extra hours of sleep. I woke up late in honour of the weather and hurried to catch the city train. Traffic on the city roads was quite heavy than I expected it to be on a public holiday. Restaurants were filled with families. People on road were rushing home. It was time for the “Christmas day Lunch” which they enjoy with family and relatives. I was here in Melbourne only with my friends. I had the Mc Donalds burger as my “Christmas day Lunch” with my friends. I picked up my pace of walking towards the tour bus waiting for me and other elite people. Today I am going to witness the famous “Penguin Parade”.

On the way to the Phillip Island, I had a glimpse of Melbourne’s attractions. Few snaps of it with me.






Penguin Parade - After a hard day at sea, penguins return to their nest late night. They gather at the seashore and once a considerable number of penguins gathered they start walking to their nest. In few minutes one could witness groups of penguins marching from the sea towards their respective nests – rightly called as "Parade". Penguins seem to be innocent but are great thieves in stealing the hearts of people with their waddling walk. Even I lost mine in their parade. It was a very lovely sight. Picturesque Penguins cannot be captured in pictures as photography was banned there. Taking everything on my memory I left the place with a deep heart.


1 comment:

Peter Jayaraj said...

Looks like you enjoy a lot.. have fun dude..